An awesome new selection of books in on the new Teen books shelf! Stop by the Eckhart Teen Library or place a hold through Evergreen Indiana!
Eckhart Public Library will be closed on Thursday, April 20, for a staff development day.
The majority of library staff members will attend the Indiana Library Federation District 3 conference at Kendallville Public Library.
Attending the all-day conference will allow staff the opportunity to learn about a wide array of topics, including customer service, community engagement, and Evergreen Indiana. The afternoon will be dedicated to a conversation about the future of libraries.
Eckhart Public Library Assistant Director Jenny Kobiela-Mondor is a member of the planning committee for the conference, and she is excited about the wealth of educational experiences staff will receive at the conference.
“This conference gives Eckhart Public Library staff the opportunity to engage in a variety of educational opportunities,” Kobiela-Mondor said. “Every staff member who attends will learn something that will help us progressively and proactively serve the community’s evolving needs.”
Staff who attend the conference will also earn continuing education credits that are required of all certified public librarians.
Ready to read about cooking, job hunting, and self-improvement? Eckhart Public Library has a great new selection of nonfiction books that might be right up your alley! Stop in today or place a hold through
Looking for a new book to read with the child in your life, or to find a book that will get them excited about reading? We’ve got some great new fiction, nonfiction, and graphic novels for kids! Stop in today to pick one up, or click on any title to place a hold on Evergreen Indiana!
Ready for a movie night? Eckhart Public Library has in a great new selection of movie titles, including Oscar winners and popular titles! Stop in to see us or place a hold through Evergreen Indiana by clicking on any cover!
It’s the first week of April, and we’re celebrating National Poetry Month here at Eckhart Public Library! National Poetry Month first began in 1996, and is used to celebrate creating, reading, and appreciating poetry. We have some great ideas for ways to celebrate!
- Memorize a poem
- Learn more about poets from Indiana
- Find a poetry reading near you
- Chalk a poem on the sidewalk
- Write a short poem yourself, or read more about how to write poetry
- Check out a poetry book from the library!
We would be glad to help you find more information on poetry you may like, or how to write your own. Stop in to visit us and we will be happy to help!
To learn more about celebrating National Poetry Month, click here.
Eckhart Public Library has received a wide variety of great new books for children of all ages. Stop in today, or place a hold through Evergreen Indiana today!
The Teen Library’s new Cultural Connection program will start with an old favorite – Taco Tuesday.
Youth in sixth through twelfth grades are invited to explore Mexican culture and eat tacos through hands-on activities and cooking on Tuesday, March 21, from 3-4 p.m., at the Teen Library: A Service of Eckhart Public Library.
Cultural Connection activities are designed to help teens explore different people, places and food.
Here’s what else is happening around the Eckhart Public Library campus during the week of March 20:
- Button Making at Teen: Stop by anytime we’re open during Spring Break to design and create your very own unique button. Monday, March 20, through Saturday, April 1, Teen Library.
- Planting Time at Teen: We will set up the greenhouse and start some seeds for the Teen Library Garden. We will also brainstorm ideas for the garden. Monday, March 20, 4-5 p.m., Teen Library.
- Neon Flix: We will finalize the ideas for our movie premiere. We will also enjoy some nachos from our Taylor Rental Nacho machine that we won for our gingerbread festival entry. Neon Flix is for teens in sixth through twelfth grades. Monday, March 20, 5-7 p.m., Teen Library.
- Cultural Connection – Taco Tuesday: Join us for our first Cultural Connection event for teens, where we’ll explore different people, places and foods. We will have hands-on activities and cooking for everyone. This week we’ll explore tacos and Mexican culture. Tuesday, March 21, 3-4 p.m., Teen Library.
- Pokemon Club: Pokemon enthusiasts in grades 6-12 are invited to bring their cards to the teen library every Tuesday and battle. Participants will go home with all their cards, as trading is not encouraged. Pokemon club is free and no sign up is required. Tuesday, March 21, 4-5 p.m., Teen Library.
- Drop-In Storytime Enrichment Class: EPL Storytime Enrichment Classes are a fantastic opportunity for children to access a world of creativity and discovery. Storytime Enrichment Classes are designed to help your child reach his or her full potential through stories, games, crafts, and activities that encourage early literacy skills. Our Preschool Storytime is designed for children ages 2 – 6 and their families. It’s free to attend and a library card is not needed. Tuesday, March 21, 6:30-7:15 p.m., Secret Garden.
- Turn a Page with Anni Book Club: This book club will discuss “The Nightingale” by Kristin Hannah. Pick up a copy of the book at the Information Desk. Wednesday, March 22, noon to 1 p.m., Close Community Room.
- Wild Wednesday Adventure Clubs – Movie Makers Club: Students in first through fifth grade are invited to bring their imaginations and star in their very own movie! Wednesday, March 22, 4-4:45 p.m., Secret Garden.
- Super Happy Fun Time – Game On!: We’ll be playing library games! Super Happy Fun Time is for children in kindergarten through fifth grade. Thursday, March 23, 4-4:45 p.m., Secret Garden.
- Drop-In Storytime Enrichment Class: EPL Storytime Enrichment Classes are a fantastic opportunity for children to access a world of creativity and discovery. Storytime Enrichment Classes are designed to help your child reach his or her full potential through stories, games, crafts, and activities that encourage early literacy skills. Our Preschool Storytime is designed for children ages 2 – 6 and their families. It’s free to attend and a library card is not needed. Friday, March 24, 11:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Secret Garden.
- Friday Night Magic: Teens who are fans of Magic: The Gathering can come play each Friday evening. Friday, March 24, 5-6 p.m., Teen Library.
- Play & Connect: Eckhart Public Library’s Play & Connect times are designed for children to interact with each other and engage in age appropriate activities while adults supervise and socialize. Schedule a play date with your regular circle or expand your social network. You are welcome to come and go any time. Saturday, March 25, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Secret Garden.
- Pick Up Spring Break Booklet: Eckhart Public Library will have lots of Spring Break activities during the week of March 27-April 1. Pick up a booklet full of Spring Break activities on the Eckhart Public Library campus, or visit epl.lib.in.us/calendar to see what’s happening.