When there’s something strange on your local library campus, we call BSR Paranormal!
BSR Paranormal of Fort Wayne will conduct an after-hours investigation of the Eckhart Public Library Campus on Saturday, January 28, from 8-11 p.m. Meet us at the Main Library at 8 p.m. to begin the investigation. All ages are invited to attend the investigation, but children under 10 must be accompanied by a caregiver.
According to their website, the group “investigates anything from ghosts to aliens to Mothmen to Bigfoot and anything in between.” Who knows what we’ll find!?
Here’s what else is happening around the library campus this week:
- Eckhart Winter Read: Eckhart Winter Read continues around the library campus. Visit any desk to get signed up and start earning prizes and entries into grand prize drawings!
- Teen Photography Club: This social group for teens in sixth through twelfth grades promotes sharing photography experiences, ideas, knowledge, and most of all, fun! We will discuss a multitude of topics along with assigning weekly photography challenges. Monday, January 23, 5-6 p.m., Teen Library.
- Doctor Who Fun at Teen: Drop in anytime to make a sonic screwdriver and snow Adiopose, and have a weeping angel stare-off. Tuesday, January 24-Friday, January 27, 2-5 p.m., Teen Library.
- Drop-In Storytime: Families are invited to join us for storytime fun! No registration required. Tuesday, January 24, 6:30-7:15 p.m., Secret Garden.
- Creative Writing Group: All writers over age 18, no matter the genre, are invited to attend. Group members share their writing and participate in writing exercises. Tuesday, January 24, 6:30-8 p.m., JHG Room.
- Wild Wednesday Adventure Clubs – Movie Makers: Students in first through fifth grade are invited to bring their imaginations and star in their very own movie! Wednesday, January 25, 4-4:45 p.m., Secret Garden.
- Genealogy 103 – Digitization: This class will explore the use of the Willennar Genealogy Center’s Makerspace. Learn about digitizing photos, documents, slides and negatives. This will be a hands-on event so bring an item or two to scan and a flash drive to save your digital image. Wednesday, January 25, 6-7 p.m., Learning Lab at Willennar Genealogy Center.
- Super Happy Fun Time – Game On!: Do you have what it takes to be an astronaut? Come and find out! Super Happy Fun Time is for children in kindergarten through fifth grade. Thursday, January 26, 4-4:45 p.m., Secret Garden.
- ACD Open House: Come check out displays from the Willennar Genealogy Center’s latest digitization project, “All Things Auburn, Cord, Duesenberg: The Early Years.” The project focuses on the Jack Randinelli Collection, which contains documents, photos, and more detailing the stories behind the 4 major organizations which celebrate Auburn’s classic automotive heritage: The ACD Club, the annual ACD Festival, the ACD Museum, and the Annual Hoosier Car Tour. Friday, January 27, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Willennar Genealogy Center.
- Drop-In Storytime: Families are invited to join us for storytime fun! No registration required. Friday, January 27, 11:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Secret Garden.
- Teen Game Night: The last Friday of every month is Game Night at the Teen Library! Bring a friend, and enjoy some video games or board games of your choice! Friday, January 27, 3:30-6:30 p.m., Teen Library.
- Friday Magic at Teen: Magic: The Gathering fans are invited to play at the Teen Library on Fridays. No registration is required. Friday, January 27, 5-6 p.m., Teen Library.
- Play & Connect: Eckhart Public Library’ s Play & Connect times are designed for children to interact with each other and engage in age appropriate activities while adults supervise and socialize. Schedule a play date with your regular circle or expand your social network. Activities are designed for all families and caregivers with children ages 5 and younger. You are welcome to come and go at any time. Saturday, January 28, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Secret Garden.
- Aliens Welcome at Teen: Come watch some “Doctor Who” at Teen. Aliens welcome! Saturday, January 28, 2-5 p.m., Teen Library.
- Paranormal Investigation: Join BSR Paranormal for an after-hours investigation of the library campus. This is open at all ages, but children under 10 must be accompanied by a caregiver. Saturday, January 28, 8-11 p.m., Main Library.
- Just added for next week– The Physics of Time Travel: Great Scott! Join Mark Masters, Ph.D. (Chair, Physics Department, IPFW) and Jacob Millspaw, Ph.D. (Continuing Lecturer, IPFW) for a look at the physics of time travel. Refreshments will be served. Registration is recommended by calling 260-925-2414 ext. 120 or emailing email@example.com. Tuesday, January 31, 7-8 p.m., Close Community Room.
(Image from the movie “Ghostbusters.” Read more.)