Great Scott! Doc Brown from “Back to the Future” probably won’t be on hand, but two experts will be at the library to talk about time travel on Tuesday, January 31, from 7-8 p.m. in the Close Community Room.
Mark Masters, Ph.D., chair of the Physics Department at IPFW, and Jacob Millspaw, Ph.D., continuing lecturer at IPFW, will give a presentation about the physics of time travel. Refreshments will be served.
Registration for this free event is recommended, and can be made by calling 925-2414 ext. 120 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here’s what else is happening around the library campus this week:
- Eckhart Winter Read: There’s still time to earn prizes and entries to win grand prizes during Eckhart Winter Read! People of all ages are encouraged to participate. All you have to do is read items checked out from the library or conduct research at the Willennar Genealogy Center. Visit any public service desk to get signed up! Eckhart Winter Read runs through February 11.
- Mark Your Calendar – Eckhart Winter Read Grand Finale: Join us for an exciting afternoon for all ages to celebrate the end of Eckhart Winter Read, including warm beverages, a LEGO Contest for all ages, retro toys, and a movie screening! Saturday, February 11, 1-3 p.m., Close Community Room.
- Play & Connect: Eckhart Public Library’ s Play & Connect times are designed for children to interact with each other and engage in age appropriate activities while adults supervise and socialize. Schedule a play date with your regular circle or expand your social network. Activities are designed for all families and caregivers with children ages 5 and younger. You are welcome to come and go at any time. Monday, January 30, 10 a.m. to noon, Secret Garden.
- Neon Readers Teen Book Club: We will put the finishing touches on our movie and plan the movie premiere. Monday, January 30, 5-7 p.m., Teen Library.
- Drop-In Storytime: Families are invited to join us for storytime fun! No registration required. Tuesday, January 31, 6:30-7:15 p.m., Secret Garden.
- The Physics of Time Travel: Great Scott! Join Mark Masters, Ph.D. (Chair, Physics Department, IPFW) and Jacob Millspaw, Ph.D. (Continuing Lecturer, IPFW) for a look at the physics of time travel. Refreshments will be served. Registration is recommended by calling 260-925-2414 ext. 120 or emailing email@example.com. Tuesday, January 31, 7-8 p.m., Close Community Room.
- Wild Wednesday Adventure Clubs – Time Travelers’ Presidents Day Celebration: The Time Travelers will be getting ready for Presidents Day by taking a look at Thomas Marshall, Vice president to Woodrow Wilson. We will have a snack and a fun craft as we travel back in time. Wednesday, February 1, 4-4:45 p.m., Willennar Genealogy Center.
- Writing Group: All writers 18 and older, no matter what genre, are invited to attend. Group members share their writing and participate in writing exercises. Wednesday, February 1, 6:30-8 p.m., JHG Room.
- Super Happy Fun Time – Kids in the Kitchen: We will make a “Star Wars” BB-8-themed popcorn snack. Super Happy Fun Time is for children in kindergarten through fifth grade. Thursday, February 2, 4-4:45 p.m., Secret Garden.
- Knifty Knitters: Beginning & experienced knitters and crocheters are welcome. Struggling with a problem pattern? Help is available from this group. Thursday, February 2, 6-7:45 p.m., Main Library.
- Drop-In Storytime: Families are invited to join us for storytime fun! No registration required. Friday, February 3, 11:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Secret Garden.
- Friday Magic at Teen: Magic: The Gathering fans are invited to play at the Teen Library on Fridays. No registration is required. Friday, February 3, 5-6 p.m., Teen Library.
- Star Trek at Teen: Join us to watch “Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home.” Saturday, February 4, 2-5 p.m., Teen Library.